The Grand Prairie Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution held its monthly meeting at the Plantation Agricultural Museum. The museum is part of the Arkansas State Park system and is located in Scott, Arkansas.
Visitors explored where and how crops were grown and harvested in Arkansas from the time of statehood in 1836 through World War II.
Live demonstrations included water pumping and cotton ginning.
The museum is housed in a series of buildings.
The main museum was originally built as a general store in 1912.
Other exhibits include the Dortch Gin containing a 1916 cotton gin, Seed Warehouse #5, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and a Historic Tractor Exhibit completed in 2018.
During the meeting new members, Cheryl Adams Vickers of Carlisle and Dyan Bohnert of Dumas were inducted into the Chapter. Prior to the meeting, the group gathered at Charlotte’s in Keo for lunch.